Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Campaign Controversy

I threw away the tv today
Broke my laptop
And smashed my phone
Stopped going outside and built a bunker out of fear and anger
In other words,
Today I did exactly what the media and president have wanted. 
I let my fear of the unknown inform my choices
And saw every person and driver I didn't know as a possible threat
Every bridge, another war zone
Every concert another mass grave
It's been 1 year this June 12 since nightclubs became shooting ranges 
I've been told not trust anyone who acts suspiciously 
Never realizing that everyone looks suspicious 
When you're actually told to look for it in them
The scared, confused, unknowing, and uninformed are the easiest to control
During the Cold War it was the Russians
"Fear the red scare" and stay obedient to the government that's protecting you from the threat it's creating, and preying on your fear
More bunkers got built than homes some years
Now with the war on terror it's anyone who wears turbans or attend mosques
Wears a hijab or is just brown in general
There are more armed citizens than ever before 
Like the second amendment had a hand in the stock market
Can't you see the corporations and country pulling the puppet strings so you never look up at the real face of evil
Instead hide from any possible threat, thus never becoming one to them, or fight in their war where the only threats are to profits and pride
Today I threw away the tv
Broke my laptop
And smashed my phone
I broke down my bunker and stopped the vicious cycle it represented
I mean there's been over 200 shootings on school grounds since my birth
But I don't fear every school on earth 
I don't go up to each individual with a backpack or an ID and berate them for being part of something so violent 
"Don't know you that this campus can kill you?" Isn't written in animals blood on protest signs 
The media has saturated our minds to a molded concept of focusing on what separates us and filling that void with hate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, or at least be clever