Tuesday, August 14, 2018

2011-Throwback to a collaborative piece

If these walls could talk
They would tell stories that would make your grandparents jealous
They would paint practical Picasso's on the canvases of your conscience
Creating emotion and unending devotion to the walls
But be warned
Because as the walls have learned
Tar leaves a bad taste in your mouth
But I have only lived here for 2 years
And yet in this small time
I have heard stories from the walls
That bring tears to eyes
So I brought pen to paper
Because I want to learn to be the lorax
I wish to speak for the walls
So my poetry will be like a whisper-ma-phone
Lend me your ears and see with your eyes that excuses are irrelevant
And ignorance is pathetic
Because
Even I know
After only 2 years
Chapel hill is changing
So wake up and listen
Listen to the change
Listen to the stories
Of the walls
Before they are silenced
By the bitter taste of tar evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, or at least be clever