Thursday, June 2, 2011

poetry poem thing

I intertwine some lines
See that mic takes over
And when I am near it
The sound barrier is a challenge
Not a bond
And you will see me shake
I convulse as poetry takes me
Takes over and I fight for power
Which only supports my voice
So I told my poetry to steer clear
Because my voice fears the mic
It fears the power
Because when I feel that electrical vibration in my vocal cord
Restraints break and I set free
Teaming up with poetry
I go too high
Like that druggie down the road
Those needle marks hide under alliteration always amorous of metaphors and similes my voice is like a kid at the playground on a sunny day
And that mic is like the bike I will never let go of
So when my time is up
It is like withdrawal
So I take another shot
And let poetry take over
Dropping stanzas like acid
I am a poetry addict
And giving me a mic
Is like currency in the poem black market
I watch as my dealers take me to school
And I would rather get high on onomatopoeia
Than on the wrong type of Novakane
That keyboard is my arm and poetry injects it's life
So I have more ink in these veins than blood
And I want to let you know
That you will never see me
At a rehab for a life style
Because
Poetry is me and we live on the mic
So don't you dare try to take it back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, or at least be clever