Thursday, June 2, 2011

love addiction

I have an addiction
You see every night I inject myself with infatuation
So I can wake up and see you
I can hold you
I can remember that you always wore strawberry lip gloss
And had cute dimples every time you smiled
See I brought needle to skin
But I didn’t feel pain
Only the warmth of you next to me
I reminisced of plans past
And I see a bright future with kids
And we both planned to be spacemen
But summer day dreams freeze in winter
And things got messed up
When middle school came around
Awesome friendships
Became awkward glances.
And movie trips became more about behind the scenes
Then what was on the big screen
And flashy new advertisements
Showed flawed promises of future friends
But when we grew apart I relied on a needle
See I learned that LSD or PCP may be great for druggies
But all I needed was you
So when I moved to NC
You just moved on
And all I have left to remember you by is a needle
But when I tell a needle I love you
It doesn’t reciprocate
So I stop taking my daily dose of reality
Because I wanted to take you back in time with me
To play dates past
Because I don’t want to just walk down memory lane
I want to build my house on it
And live in the future
We created in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, or at least be clever