Thursday, June 2, 2011

the gay soldier

I want to talk to you
I want to tell you about a soldier boy
Want to tell you
About Andrew McFort
A media fixation
Of a media sensation
Because we don't we don't want to here about charlie sheen
Don't want to here
His liquor cabinet tell stories of parental abuse that would give you nightmares for life
I want to tell you the real life of a gay soldier
Who fought so a family man
Wouldn't have to
Who hid his sexuality
To protect his identity
He had to lie to himself.
Only Wanted the American dream
Which is nothing but a dream
Uncle Sam was his worst enemy
That beard like the devil
In disguise
But it wasn't lucifer who had to
Had to put his hand on a trigger and end a life
He just had to sign the paperwork.
Putting pen in ink
Signing in cursive
As the soldier curses at his enemy
Uncle Sam with that significant sneer
As if to say
I don't right wrongs
I give wrongs to right
While the devil writes the death letter
Like an acceptance in to the University
Of the under world.
What’s wrong with this nation
Not only was Andrew a killer
But a killer hiding in code
Because being gay wasn't okay
And uncle knew all
So if you ever wonder why Sam was silent
On the UNC campus
It is because
He was named after his uncle
And felt the cold judgment
With ruthless calculating eyes
As if to say
test me...
Andrew was tested though
Lying like a lyricist
Putting in song that he wasn't gay
But that was the wrongdoing
We need to stop today.
You see with a show of hands
How many know who Andrew is?
See I discovered him on Facebook
He became the new revolution
He and four others died in Afghanistan
So it's time to take a stand
And July 4th isn't an day for
Celebration
Because until independence means to be independent and secure
Without being judged
I live in a controlled nation.
I pledge allegiance
To a bright future
I hope my kids can enjoy someday
And when I get to Andrew
When my time comes
I only hope that i see him walking with MLK
And feel free because he is what saved us and awoke us from the media sleeper-hold
Let's Keep Andrew in mind
Because next time we shut off CNN
I want you to pretend that we live in a nation where all are accepted
And you can proudly stand with hand over heart and say
I pledge allegiance to this united states
Where I know I'm free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, or at least be clever